Functional cross-platform VideoNet client opens up new possibilities for using the VideoNet security platform on computers and laptops with various operating systems: Windows, Linux, and macOS. Now you can work with the video surveillance system from your usual workplace, and you do not need to buy an additional computer for this.
It takes only 20 seconds to install the cross-platform VideoNet client, and the program launch time is 1 second. The requirements for resources and equipment for the cross-platform client are minimal; therefore we called it “Light Client”.
Advantages of the cross-platform VideoNet client.
VideoNet Light Client:
- Allows you to create a workstation for the operator of a video surveillance system in just a few minutes.
- Can work on computers with Windows, Linux and macOS.
- Does not require powerful computers. Simplest laptop or computer is enough for the client to work.
Light client functionality:
- View cameras in real time
- View video archive for any date
- Control digital zoom of cameras
- View the event log
- Search the event log
- Receive notifications
- Execute user commands (for example, opening a door, etc.)
- Listen to sound in real time
- Listen to recorded sound for any date
User installs the Light Client on his personal computer or laptop. Installation time of the Light client is less than 1 minute. When the client starts for the first time, it connects to the VideoNet web server. VideoNet web server is a computer with installed VideoNet system and an SM-WEB Client license. In the configuration of this computer there are cameras, both own and cameras of other computers of this network. VideoNet web server uses HTTP or HTTPS protocol. If the local network or a separate computer is already configured to work with mobile applications, then additional settings will not be required.